About Me

My photo
Manchester, Hulme, United Kingdom
6ft,regular gym goer 4/5 times a week,non smoker. I'm single live on my own and work in the city centre I consider myself loyal, easy going, friendly, funny (I hope). I like the gym, restaurants, cinema, theatre, shopping and the occasional drink, though a bit of a light weight there I'm afraid 1 glass and I'm drunk.So all in all just a normal guy who is sometimes happy, sometimes sad, sometimes loud, sometimes quiet, sometimes kind, sometimes not, but always just me... I am not impressed by a fancy car, house or job no amount of money can make up for a crap personality.Remember "to the world you may be one person but too one person you may be the world" Time is precious and it costs you nothing.You can do anything you want with it but own it.You can spend it but you cant keep it and once you've lost it there is no getting it back its just gone. As Joan Collins Said "Beauty is like starting with a full bank account and slowly withdrawing cash until there is nothing left"

Search This Blog

Monday 30 May 2011

Rubgy’s Ben Cohen Retires To Become A Gay Activist


Ben Cohen gay!!

The England Rugby Union hunk, a popular choice for the gay man’s wank bank, will be hanging up his rugby shoe type things to pursue a career as a gay rights activist. Oh shit, when was that snogging protest at the John Snow? Was he there for that?  Did I miss it?
Cohen has set up his very own foundation (Ben Cohen Stand Up Foundation) to tackle homophobia and bullying, particularly in schools.  Hopefully Ben will replace Peter Tatchell as the Jesus Christ of Gaydom… I know which one I’d rather watch waving a placard…naked…it’s not Peter, I just want to make that clear.
Ben seems just as shocked as we were when asked about his career change: “I would never have imagined my career was going to move in this direction after my rugby career, but here we are – it’s happening.
“I have reached the top in my sport. It has been an incredible journey and has put me in the privileged position I am in today to be able to work on these exciting new projects through the Stand Up Brand.
“As athletes, it is not enough just to have strong bodies, we must have strong characters and use our voices to support those who need and deserve it.”
It would seem Ben isn’t a big believer in charity beginning at home. His first crusade will be stateside where he will be launching the Ben Cohen Acceptance. Ben will visit gay and gay-friendly rugby clubs in Atlanta, Washington DC, Seattle and New York. He will hold training sessions at schools and colleges and talks on the need for equality.
This isn’t the first time Sexy-bones Ben has been all ‘proud’ on our behalf. In August 2010, Cohen gave his support to Gay Sports Day, an event organized by GMFA, the gay men’s health charity, and the Royal Vauxhall Tavern.
I think it s great to see a sports star being so candid about sexuality. Homosexuality in sports is always going to be something that will cause friction, changing rooms, awkward, hello! But hopefully the likes of Ben Cohen, who is married with children, will inspire some more high profile poofs to mince out of the very sporty looking closet. I’m praying to the big queer in the sky that Ronaldo is next out that closet…mmm

No comments: