About Me

My photo
Manchester, Hulme, United Kingdom
6ft,regular gym goer 4/5 times a week,non smoker. I'm single live on my own and work in the city centre I consider myself loyal, easy going, friendly, funny (I hope). I like the gym, restaurants, cinema, theatre, shopping and the occasional drink, though a bit of a light weight there I'm afraid 1 glass and I'm drunk.So all in all just a normal guy who is sometimes happy, sometimes sad, sometimes loud, sometimes quiet, sometimes kind, sometimes not, but always just me... I am not impressed by a fancy car, house or job no amount of money can make up for a crap personality.Remember "to the world you may be one person but too one person you may be the world" Time is precious and it costs you nothing.You can do anything you want with it but own it.You can spend it but you cant keep it and once you've lost it there is no getting it back its just gone. As Joan Collins Said "Beauty is like starting with a full bank account and slowly withdrawing cash until there is nothing left"

Search This Blog

Thursday 13 May 2010

Wallabies sold as alternatives to lawnmower


Mary Davies, 50, has been breeding the marsupials at Leonardslee Gardens, the Grade I-listed attraction in Horsham, West Sussex, which she runs with her twin brother Tom Loder.
She said the animals have done such a good job with her gardens that she has a waiting list of customers wanting to use them on their own land.


Wallabies from Tasmania were introduced at Leonardslee by her great-great-grandfather, the naturalist Sir Edmund Loder in 1889.“They can't chew nice stripes into your lawn, but they are excellent at keeping the grass well grazed.”
Mrs Davies, who lives nearby, established her separate group of eight albino and nine grey Bennett's wallabies 15 years ago to help prevent inbreeding among the 50 or so at Leonardslee.
She is selling her animals for between £300 and £1,000 each, depending on colour and gender. She said they need at least an acre of land on which to graze.
But buyers will have to take the 2.5ft to 3ft tall animals in pairs, because wallabies like to be with a mate.
But Mrs Davies told the Daily Mail: “If they find something they like to eat, it's gone. So you might have to watch out for your roses.”
Wallabies are simply small kangaroos. They can live up to 40 years, run up to 30mph and leap up to 6ft high.

No comments: