About Me

My photo
Manchester, Hulme, United Kingdom
6ft,regular gym goer 4/5 times a week,non smoker. I'm single live on my own and work in the city centre I consider myself loyal, easy going, friendly, funny (I hope). I like the gym, restaurants, cinema, theatre, shopping and the occasional drink, though a bit of a light weight there I'm afraid 1 glass and I'm drunk.So all in all just a normal guy who is sometimes happy, sometimes sad, sometimes loud, sometimes quiet, sometimes kind, sometimes not, but always just me... I am not impressed by a fancy car, house or job no amount of money can make up for a crap personality.Remember "to the world you may be one person but too one person you may be the world" Time is precious and it costs you nothing.You can do anything you want with it but own it.You can spend it but you cant keep it and once you've lost it there is no getting it back its just gone. As Joan Collins Said "Beauty is like starting with a full bank account and slowly withdrawing cash until there is nothing left"

Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 December 2010

'Bad Santa' Fired For Telling Risque Joke

A department store in the US has fired its Father Christmas after he told a risque joke to two "older" shoppers.

John Toomey, a veteran Santa at Macy's for 20 years, was dismissed after the couple made a complaint about his brand of humour.
But 68-year-old Mr Toomey, who worked at the San Francisco Union Square store, claims he is no "bad Santa".
He says he only tells jokes to the grown-ups who visit him - none of whom have ever complained before.
"When I ask the older people who sit on my lap if they've been good and they say 'yes', I say 'Gee, that's too bad', Mr Toomey told the San Francisco Chronicle.
"Then, if they ask why Santa is so jolly, I joke that it's because I know where all the naughty boys and girls live."
Mr Toomey, who is called Santa John by his fans, insists he would never use inappropriate humour with the many children who visit the store.
This whole thing is like Miracle on 34th Street only this time we're helping Santa out right away.
Nick Bovis, co-owner of Lefty's sports bar
"With the children, it's important to listen carefully to them and make sure they're doing things properly, like brushing their teeth and helping Mom around the house, things like that," said Mr Toomey.
"Then when they tell you what they want, repeat it loudly enough so the parents can hear, and tell the child you'll talk it over with Mrs. Santa and the elves. That way you leave it up to the parents."
The sacked Santa, who boasts his own white beard, was a big hit with customers who returned every year to see him.
Macy's has refused to comment on the incident, although employees have described the sacking as "devastating".
Mr Toomey need not be too worried, though - is sacking has given him celebrity status and he has received calls from all over the country to appear as Father Christmas.
The co-owner of Lefty's sports bar, which hired Mr Toomey to head up a toy collection, has likened the rally of support to the film "Miracle on 34th Street".

No comments: